The Classification Banner (CB) is a software that will display the classification level banner of a session with a variety of configuration options on the primary screen. This software can help the individual, organization, or government to label the sensitive materials is being displayed/processed in a graphical session over the computer screen. This software has been tested on a variety of graphical environments such as Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10. This software also allows the customer to customize the classification text and foreground colors along with background colors for each Microsoft Windows environment on Physical Computers (PCs) or Virtual Machines (VMs). The CB satisfies ODNI CG v2.1 § 2.3.1, 32 CFR Part 2001.20 (c), and ISOO Rev4.
This software using color codes for the classification levels used by the government and the armed forces of the United States:
Department of Defense (DOD)
TOP SECRET/ SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION (TS//SCI, color code: #ffff00)
TOP SECRET (TS, color code: #ff6600)
SECRET (S, color code: #ff0000)
CONFIDENTIAL (C, color code: #0000ff)
UNCLASSIFIED (U, color code: #008000)
Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
PROTECTED C (P-C, color code: #460fb5)
PROTECTED B (P-B, color code: #910fb5)
PROTECTED A (P-A, color code: #2279bc)
Here are some examples:
These color codes are used to mark the classification level of each digital/physical document and also of the communication devices used for their transmission.
|Operating System:||Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or above|
|Microsoft DotNet Framework:||v4.6.1 or above|
|Subscription Fees:||$2.79 (PC|VM) per month.
FREE for all U.S. [ Non-Profit Organizations(501.c) | Educational Institutions(.edu) | Military(.mil) | Government(.gov) ]
First month free trail, then will auto charge fees based on the price above. To acquire a trial license, please:
- Download the software above.
- Install the software.
- Config and save these settings (only need to do once):
- User (string): pick a username as you want. (e.g. user12345)
- Num (int): sequence # of all your Windows computers / VMs. (e.g. 1 of 5)
- Email (string): your personal email address. (e.g. email@example.com)
- The application will generate a License Request Code (LRC) and some debug information.
- Optional Information: we are currently is working on our Software Deploy Systems (SDS), once it complete, you will be able to customize the CB by yourself at any time you want. But before that happen, we need to manually do it for you. If you would like to have the CB come with a customize looks that you want, please also provide this information along with LRC as well:
- Security Level (Middle Text): a level of security information your machine is currently dealing with (e.g. TOP SECRET/SCI) default text is UNCLASSIFIED or your customize text
- Security Condition (Right Text): force protection condition FPCON (e.g. FPCON NORMAL) default text is CYBERCON NORMAL or your customize text
- Foreground Color: all text color in RGB code (e.g. 0, 0, 0) default is black color or your customize color
- Background Color: banner color in RGB code (e.g. 0, 128, 0) default is green color or your customize color
- OPEN A NEW TICKET with your Username, Num, Email, and LRC (Optional information from step 5 as well if you need to customize the looks of the banner).
- Once your ticket processed, you will receive an email with the instructions.
The CB will on top of most of the program at all times (e.g. PPT, MS Team Meeting, Goole Hangouts, ZOOM meeting, Slack Meeting, YouTube videos, etc.) However, the CB will not be able to on top of certain game engine programs. (such as U.S. Navy seal VR Simulation Software).
How to use CB? Very easy, as of now there are only 3 actions you may need to operate:
- Right Double Click on the top left of the text: display details of current computer information.
- Right Double Click on the middle of the text: software setting information.
- Right Double Click on the right of the text: exit the software.